Minera San Cristóbal S.A. develops safe activities oriented to the production of zinc-silver and lead-silver mineral concentrates for sale; and integrates Sustainable Development in the different stages of the life cycle of our mining operations.
The vision, mission and values are the basis of our Business Management System with a process and continuous improvement focus.
With the required resources and continuous management review, in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, MSC is committed to:
- 1 Respect and protect the human rights of our employees and communities, keeping our operations free from discrimination, harassment and child forced labor.
- 2 Identify, assess and ensure control of the risks with regards to the safety of our employees, contractors and visitors, in order to prevent injuries and harm to their health.
- 3 Protect and improve the health and quality of life of our covered population through comprehensive promotion, prevention and health care actions.
- 4 Respect the environment ensuring sound environmental management practices that identify, evaluate and manage risks, prevent contamination and mitigate impacts with focus on climate change and biodiversity.
- 5 Contribute to sustainable development by implementing social responsibility principles that ensure relationships of mutual respect, transparency and compliance with commitments and generate benefits for our shareholders, our employees, the communities and the country.
- 6 Ensure the identification and control of risks in our flight operations and international supply chain, preventing incidents, illicit activities, encouraging the timely reporting and treatment of events that affect safety and taking necessary preventive / corrective actions.
- 7 Protect our information considering its value and risks, while maintaining its confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- 8 Deliver products and services that meet our customer’s requirements.
- 9 Ensure the quality of our chemical assays results.
- 10 Promote the establishment of objectives and performance evaluation mechanism for all of our processes.
- 11 Ensure that no disciplinary action is taken against any employee or contractor who reports a safety problem, code of ethics violation or any act or action that may be perceived as an act of corruption.
The compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO / IEC 27001, ISO / IEC 17025, NB 512001, IS-BAO, Authorized Economic Operator (OAS) standards and reporting through the sustainability report under the GRI standards; all contribute to the integral management of the business.
MSC recognizes that the success of the Business Management System and the operation is dependent on the continuous efforts and participation of all the personnel and other stakeholders; reason why we promote the dissemination, understanding and compliance of this policy.