MSC’s direct impact area comprises the communities of San Cristóbal, Culpina K, Vila Vila and Río Grande in the canton of San Cristóbal, first section of the municipality of Colcha K in the province of Nor Lípez, Department of Potosí.
To accomplish its goal of sustainable development, MSC intervenes in three spheres:
Direct and permanent links with the communities in the direct impact area of the project, addressing their demands, coordinating activities and consolidating continuous and transparent communication channels.
Resettlement and mitigation
The promotion of projects to reduce environmental impacts and supervision of the works executed in the communities to optimize their quality of life.
Coordination of proposals and projects for the development of the communities
We work with the Consultative Council which is made up of community leaders from the surrounding areas – San Cristóbal, Culpina K, Vila Vila and Río Grande – entrusted with the mandate of planning and deciding the path towards their development and future.
In order to improve the quality of life of the communities, there are programs to:
- Improve the education and health services.
- Optimize agricultural and tourist activities.
- Promote micro and small businesses.
- Support activities of cultural revaluation.
To achieve this vision of sustainable development, MSC and the communities have a direct and continuous relationship characterized by a permanent and participatory dialogue, mutual respect and trust, shared responsibility and compliance of the agreements and commitments, in addition to the promotion of sustainable development.
On the other hand, MSC and the Lípez San Cristóbal Consultative Council carry out the following activities:
- Pursue strategic alliances with social organizations and stakeholders to generate favorable conditions for a mutual relationship towards local development.
- Provide technical assistance so that the social organizations and community institutions would enjoy an independent and effective organizational management.
- Support capacity-building of the local authorities so they could address their demands with relevant entities and develop sustainable initiatives.
- Support social organizations and productive micro businesses in the search for strategic partnerships with a view to sustainable development of the region.